CPS high school seniors who graduate with a 3.0 GPA and who test completion-ready in math and English are able to pursue a degree or certificate at City Colleges at no cost—free tuition and books.page1image25490560

Complete your application online at:

What Does the Scholarship Cover?

City Colleges will provide waivers for all tuition and books not covered by financial aid.

Who Is Eligible for this Program?

City Colleges will provide this free college opportunity for Chicago Public High School graduating seniors who meet these academic requirements:

  1. 1)  Graduates from a CPS/Charter high school with a 3.0 or higher GPA
  2. 2)  Enrolls in one of the City Colleges’ academic pathways*
  3. 3)  Earns either:A) a score of 17 or higher on the English and math ACT,
    (B) a score of 460 or higher on the English SAT and 440 or higher on the math SAT, or (C) tests “Completion Ready” through the CCC placement exam.The best score from any of these components (ACT, SAT, or CCC placement exam) will be used to qualify the student.

This includes undocumented students, international students, and students at CPS charter high schools. * French Pastry School excluded.

How Long Is the Scholarship Good for?

CPS graduates will have up to three years to use the funds starting in the first fall semester after their CPS graduation.

What Is Completion-Ready?

Completion-ready means a student’s test scores indicate he or she can take courses leading to college-level coursework and earn an associate degree within three years of enrolling at City Colleges.

Steps to Apply

  1. 1)  Check the Star application box while completing the City Colleges online admissions application. If you have already applied to CCC, you can submit a scholarship application via the Student Portal under the “Financial Aid” section.
  2. 2)  Complete and submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and the verification process at your City College. If you are ineligible to complete the FAFSA, you must complete the Star Certification of Ineligibility form found on the Student Portal.
  3. 3)  Complete the Transfer Partner Consent form, accepting or declining to share your student data with four-year colleges and universities that offer additional funding to Star Scholars who transfer. This can also be found in CCC’s student portal.


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *